Banshee
the secure PHP framework

Forum

How to install banshee

Erba Koniais
21 november 2019, 06:39
Hi. I'm trying to install banshee on an HTTP server.
- HTTP server : Apache 2.4 + PHP 7.3
- SQL Server : Mariadb-server 10
I've ungziped and untarred the sources on /var/www/html and I've given the ownership to www-data:www-data.
I've created a database on the local mariadb-server 10 and I've updated the DB* variables in settings/website.conf.
With a browser I point to http://ip/banshee/public. It launches the index.php and a 'Banshee Exception' occurs at line 196.

How can I start the installation process ? I haven't found any setup file in the tarball dowloaded.

thanks for your time and your answer.

Have a good day.
Hugo Leisink
21 november 2019, 19:18
As explained in the INSTALL file, you should point the DocumentRoot to the public directory. Then point your browser to http://ip/
Erba Koniais
23 november 2019, 13:35
Hi Hugo

First of all, thank you very much for your answer.

1) You're right : I didn't accurately follow the instructions in the INSTALL file . So :
I modified the vhost file in order to give the apache variable DocumentRoot the path to the public directory of banshee.
Then I pointed my browser to http://IP.
It worked and I had a button labelled 'import SQL' (the database is already created and it belongs to a mariadb owner).

2) Then the URL is modified to http://IP/setup
and it says 'Not Found. The requested URL was not found on this server.'

3) I checked
- rewrite module enabled : OK (apachectl -M)
- json, xml, gd, mysql php modules installed : OK (php -m)
- www-data:www-data owner of the folder and files of banshee folder : OK (ls -al banshee/)
- connexion information in website.conf : OK (cat banshee/settings/website.conf | grep DB)
- use of connexion details from website.conf : OK (mysql)
MariaDB [(none)]> show grants for banshee@localhost;
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Grants for banshee@localhost |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'banshee'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '*F807D2765A54290C128F050973DF7A8171AC01A6' |
| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `banshee`.* TO 'banshee'@'localhost' WITH GRANT OPTION |

4) I looked for a file called setup
(find banshee/ -name setup*)
(tar tf banshee-6.6.tar | grep setup)
I have found :
banshee/views/setup.xslt
banshee/models/setup.php
banshee/controllers/setup.php

I really don't known what i'm missing ... Sorry to bother and again thank you very much for reading and for your help

PS : I'm not, as you guessed, a developer.
Hugo Leisink
24 november 2019, 16:47
If /setup is '404 not found', there must be something wrong with URL rewriting. You say it is enabled, but is it allowed for that virtual host? And is reading a .htaccess file allowed?

PS : I'm not, as you guessed, a developer.

Some knowledge about PHP is needed to adjust Banshee to your needs...
Erba Koniais
30 november 2019, 09:29
Hello Hugo,

Sorry for my very late thanks ; I've been on a business trip.

For you information, I did what you recommended : I allowed rewriting in the virtual host (I didn't know it wasn't inhérited from the parent) and I allowed reading .htaccess (I should have known ).

And IT WORKS !

Thank you for helping me and for your CMS/CMF ; I'm sure it will help my students to improve their skills and good practices.

Again thanks a lot.
Hugo Leisink
2 december 2019, 09:22
I'm sure it will help my students to improve their skills and good practices.

Cool. If there are any questions about the technical design, let me know.
Message preview

The following BB-codes are available in a message:

• [b]Bold text[/b]
  • [center]Center text or imagen[/center]
  • [color=color name or #RGB code]Colored text[/color]
  • [i]Italic text[/i]
  • [img]Link to image[/img]
  • [right]Align text or image right[/right]
  • [s]Strike-through text[/s]
  • [size=pixelsize]Big or small text[/size]
  • [u]Underlined text[/u]
  • [url]Link to website[/url]